Senior Beautification Grant
In an effort to encourage City of Miami Gardens homeowners to upgrade and maintain the aesthetics of their homes and community, the City has created the Miami Gardens Beautification Initiative. The goal of the program is to improve curb appeal and assist homeowners with creating outdoor spaces they can enjoy and feel proud of while fostering community pride.
The program will provide homeowners who are senior citizens with a one-time award in an amount not to exceed $5,000, towards the upkeep of their property’s exterior. This includes the following activities: exterior painting, pressure washing, light landscaping, and repairs to fencing and walkways.
To qualify for assistance via Miami Gardens Beautification applicant(s) must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Must be 55 years of age or older
- Applicant(s) must own and occupy subject property within the City limits
- Property must be the applicant/s primary residence and homesteaded
- Applicant(s) must have lived in the primary residence for a minimum of 3 years
- Be current on all existing mortgage(s) and tax assessments
- Have an annual household income, which does not exceed 120% of the Area
Median Income Per Household Size
Exterior Painting & Pressure Washing
Applicant must comply with the City of Miami Gardens color pallet when choosing a paint color.
- Installation of hedges, sod, and small plants/flowers
- Planting of shrubs.
Concrete Asphalt Restorations
- Driveway restoration/repairs
- Walkway repairs
- Includes cost related to the removal of debris and installation of plant boxes, fencing, tree stabilizers, walkway upgrade, etc.
Note: This program is currently not accepting applications.
To check the status of an application, please email Beautify Miami Gardens.