Rental Assistance Program
The Miami Gardens City Council approved the creation of a COVID-19 Rental Assistance Program. The Council dedicated a total of $300,000 towards this program.
Up to a maximum of $4,500.00 per household.
- Be a renter currently living in Miami Gardens
- Have documented hardship due to COVID-19
- Have a current and fully executed Lease Agreement with a Miami Gardens address
- Leaseholder must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Not receive any rental assistance from any federal, state, or local agency, or any other source or entity for this purpose
- Household income must be at or below 80% Area Median Income (AMI) (see chart)
Program will be run as a “lottery system” with a two-phase application.
- Application window is open June 8, 2020 at 9am and close June 11, 2020 at 5pm. No applications will be accepted outside this application window.
- Application must be submitted online via ZoomGrants: RENTAL ASSISTANCE APPLICATION. You will need to create a free ZoomGrants account to submit an application. No paper applications will be accepted.
- If you have questions or require assistance with the online application, contact the City of Miami Gardens at 305-622-8041 City hall is currently closed to the public, so assistance will be provided by phone only.
- Once application is submitted, applicants will receive email confirmation that application was submitted along with an application ID number. You MUST keep your application ID number. You will need this to track the status of your application.
- All applications submitted during the Phase 1 application period will be ranked by a randomized lottery, which will be witnessed and certified by independent auditors.
- Lottery results will be posted on the City website by June 15, 2020 at 5pm.
- Applicants can find their lottery ranking by application ID number.
- By order of lottery ranking, applicants will be contacted to certify information submitted during Phase 1. Applicants will be required to submit documentation including but not limited to:
- Driver’s License.Proof of Citizenship or Permanent Residency.
- Signed Lease Agreement.
- Proof of hardship due to COVID-19.
- Income Certification.
- Landlord Information (including W-9 form for landlord).
- Signed agreement with City, applicant, and landlord.
- Applicants will have 7 days to submit requested information or the application will be deemed non-responsive.
- Applications will be evaluated in lottery order until all available funds are committed.
All payments will be made from the City to landlord on behalf of the applicant.